Friday, July 10, 2009

Reflections on One Year of Blogging, What Next ?



Its now been 12 months since I started this blog. It was just a way for me to learn about blogging and testing some "cool tools" so that I could figure out how to incorporate them in my classroom. Like many things in my life, it didn't turn out that way. I did not use blogging at school and hope to try again next year, but I have LOVED the writing experience. Crafting sentences, articles and trying to keep things clever has been a real challenge for me, probably not one I have always lived up to, but I have tried my best. IT'S BEEN FUN. and I really enjoyed testing out and using some cool stuff like Animoto.Writing mostly about trips and family with a few teacher and school things mixed in has been great, but what next.

I will probably begin playing with some new tech tools like twitter (@stuartr52) ,although I still don't get it, and spend some of my Beach Break time in Del Mar thinking about what kind of things to write about. I have enjoyed it too much to give it up, but not sure if continuing writing about trips, family and school is the right answer. With my current readership, its probably the ok, but maybe I should branch out. Maybe even start a second blog on a different topic. I'd love to hear suggestions from my readers; email me here or leave a comment.


I have to finish up our last big trip blog (If you are impatient you can see my review here), but probably won't post the pictures until we get to Del Mar. Meanwhile we are heading to SoCal this weekend to move my darling daughter into her new apartment, so I'll probably write something about that as well, after that, who knows. Stay tuned.
PS Still no winners in the new tool contest. Its here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment