Monday, August 4, 2008

My Del Mar Beach Time

It took me a while to think about how to write about my 3 weeks in Del Mar, CA this summer. Although we certainly did plenty of fun things including a Pops Concert in the park, venturing out to find Italian Beef Sandwiches (are you surprised?) and attending a San Diego Padres game, the more I thought about my time on the cliffs overlooking the beautiful beach, I realized the entire 3 weeks was about family and friends. We were able to spend time in a beautiful location AND have many of our favorite people come and visit. Just visiting, talking and laughing made it one of the best vacations Bonnie and I have ever taken.

Visitors included my Dad, Bonnie's Mom, my favorite Auntie Lynn and Uncle Tony of St. George fame (it was too bad that they left before Friday), my Uncle Harvey and Aunt Linda, cousin Becky, of course both of my wonderful children, Daryl and Sheryl, our Saratoga friends Laurie and David, Bonnie's brother Barry and sister-in-law Diane, our new family Debbie Mark and Madison and our wonderful friends from Phoenix, Harry, Pat and their kids.

As I get some time, I'll play around with some more creative ways to show off the pictures, but for now here is a slideshow of our visitors from my Picasa Web Albums. Just click to start the show.





If you want to link directly to the album, just follow this link

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Uncle Stuart! I had a blast in San Diego this year as well. It was definitely awesome spending time with everyone again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stewie!!!

    It looks like a wonderful time was had by all. I am so happy that you were able to put down the computer for a few weeks - did Bonnie hide it from you?? I am glad you are well rested because I have a lot of new questions this year! ;) And I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. had as wonderful a time as you all did.  can't wait till next year so we can ride in your plane.  it was very relaxing and seeing everyone was an added treat.  the pictures are great and we get to relive such wonderful memories..aloha

    ReplyDelete