Friday, August 29, 2008

Meet My New Class

After the first week of school, I am so excited to have this group of students. They are all enthusiastic and anxious to try new things. Of course we (Ms. Alwell, Ms. Lawson and myself) have a few challenges up our sleeves for them, but I think they will be up to the task. Although you probably can't come and visit them, I thought I would show a quick video introducing all 60 of them. (It will take ~ 2 minutes to meet them all so be patient). Sorry about the fact that the pictures are a little fuzzy, it's due to the compression needed to fit on the blog. If you want to see a higher quality version, click here



Guess I forgot to mention that last week, we were in the computer lab and each of the students (including the teachers) created Avatars to use in our online activities. (Much safer than real pictures and a lot more fun). They did a great job, didn't they? All the students were able to make their Avatars in ~ 30-40 minutes and only a few of the 60 needed any help at all.

If you wan to create your own Avatar, here is a link to the website I made for them to help with this activity. Yes, I made the website in one weekend. It was fun, easy and did the trick. I'm pretty proud of it.

I used iWeb from Apple, it very easy to make the site and our district set up space on their Webserver to host it. Special thanks to Scott Conklin for doing this.

2 comments:

  1. just got thru reading your latest blog and think its wonderful that the kids are so involved..good job!looking at there work was a lot of fun..lynn and tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Each and every picture was different and unique in each child's own way. What a great idea! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete