Saturday, May 16, 2009

Teacher of the Year

Before I start, I just want to remind all my loyal readers that I write for you. I love the encouragement you provide with your comments, but a few (OK most) of you are not keeping up your end. Red is doing a great job, how about a few others chipping in as well. Reading your comments inspires me to write more, so please take a few minutes to let me know what you think. You can be funny, serious or let me know what you liked on my blog. Keep your comments coming and I'll keep writing. OK on with my next topic- ME

This year, the teachers at my school, Garden Gate, honored me by selecting me as their "Teacher of the Year" . I never imagined that when I started teaching 10 years ago, I would be honored this way. I love working with the kids and all my colleagues. It's hard for me to believe I have been at it  almost 10 years. Like any award winner, I have so many people to thank. :)

First and foremost, my wife Bonnie, for putting up with all my schoolwork and even helping me grade all those States tests. To both Daryl and Sheryl for encouraging me to "make the change" and saying I should just "go for it". To Janice and Mariana for taking a "newbie" like me under their wing and showing me the ropes for so many years. Taking a chance on a "convert" to teaching who only wanted to work part-time was a big risk on their part and I really appreciate it. Having a principal like Nancy who has given me the freedom to pursue my "passion" of using technology (and data) to improve our school and my lessons has been a blessing and  having colleagues like Red that encourage me to try new things, and be more like Harvey Milk has kept me going when I wanted to just move on to another topic.

Anyway, enough mush, here a few pictuers from the award celebration at the district as well as the crown (thanks to Marty) and cake (how did Jill know my favorite) that the staff honored me with this week.


 My current 5th Grade team; Cris, Mariana, Me and Sarah. The other Sarah was sick.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Stuart! Congratulations on being picked for Teacher of the Year! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
    ...Terry C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for receiving Teacher of the Year from Plain ol' Bob - who discovered when we looked at your school website that Terry is also a Gator! (Anderson Alligators!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Stuart!
    I am so proud of you. :) You totally deserve it! What a great teacher you are. CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete