Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Traveling to Chicago

As previously reported, I had a long trip ahead of me to the Midwest. Tony and I had a long day enroute from Saint George to Ann Arbor (outside of Detroit), but we made it.

Our first stop was in Denver after a beautiful crossing of the great divide. We had an awesome breakfast at the Perfect Landing- I need to find more excuses to go to Denver, it was fantastic. (Of course I had a Denver Omelet)

After spending the night at Tony's son's house outside of Detroit. I decided to proceed to Chicago along the lakefront. I have never done this before, what a beautiful view of the city. Take a look for yourself:


For those that know me, the second most important reason I come to Chicago is to get my taste of Luke's Italian Beef Sandwich. (First is seeing everyone). If you ever see this sign, you MUST STOP and try one. Tell them Stuart sent you:


Tomorrow I'm off to Duluth for the Cirrus get together. I can't wait to go and I'm sure I will have lots of new cool aviation toys to discuss next week.

10 comments:

  1. Im so glad Stuart came to see me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuart--great work on the blog, keep it up. As a former (37 years) commercial helicopter pilot I had mixed emotions after seeing all this aviation stuff. Not a day goes by I don't miss it. And I'd give about anything for a Cirrus Jet--how cool is that!
    Thanks for the great blog, and keep the greasy side down.

    Byron E in Columbus Ohio
    caffection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn it - if I had known you were going to Ann Arbor I would have had you drop me at my grandparent's house!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Red, sounds like a plan for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stuart,
    Thanks for commenting on our blog, Byron & I love to meet other caffected couples. I'm glad you did because I love your blog. By looks forward to the day when he can teach me to fly, until then we'll enjoy your great adventures. Safe journey, Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Uncle Stuart! It was great seeing you for dinner in Chicago. How wonderful!!! Now, it is my turn to come out to you. What ever happened to Portillo's being a great beef? :) See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Beck. I had Portillo's on Sunday with Tony's family, to be honest, I prefer Luke's just a bit. A little more kick to the sauce. See you real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stuart, you are awesome! I love this blog. I am originally from Chicago and next time I am there I'll have to try Lukes or we could fly over for lunch! =)

    Adora

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOPs! Posted as Education, hmm... that actually sums me up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adora,

    I'm a real "Italian Beef" aficionado, Portillo's is the other great place in Chicago. Turns out there is one place in San Jose, so we can try it if you like. (its ok), there's a Luke's in Scottsdale (its the original owner, he moved) and I just found out there are 3 or 4 places here in San Diego. Looks like a flight for some Italian Beef is in your future.

    ReplyDelete